View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 02:05 PM   #4
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
I have the same issue with the non-CCB brakes on my '19 M5C.. When it gets noisy, I do a couple of very hard 60-0mph stops on an empty road which eliminates the sound for a week or two. When it starts up again, I repeat the process..

When I have time I'm going to go the route of pulling out the brake pads and applying some new anti-squeak paste to the back of the pads, and then give the caliper a good cleaning. I think part of the problem is that the brakes are so touchy that you rarely have to push the pedal very hard to stop and they glaze over, so not sure if that contributes to the issue.
I have the same issue with my CCBs on my '22 M5C. It's usually caused by the pads glazing due to low operating temps. CCBs are designed to run hotter than normal metal brakes and if you're doing normal, around town type driving, they glaze up pretty easy.

The only real fix is to brush off the glaze on the pads themselves with sandpaper with very light strokes. Or, do some hard driving/braking and that will burn off the glazing temporarily, but it will inevitably return. A temporary fix I've found is doing some hard braking after getting a car wash or driving in rain -- the water combined with the build up of heat as you do hard braking seems to burn off the glazed layer from the pad.
Appreciate 0