View Single Post
      07-16-2014, 08:55 AM   #11
serieD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1199 Panigale S

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion and all that BS, but there could only be so much variation between reviews.

After reading tens of "professional" reviews and hearing reviews from friends, one of which is a professional driver, the things that have a good chance at sucking are the sound of the f8x's and some strong arguments about traction for the sake of 0-60 times. Things that don't have a good chance at sucking are; Engine, Chassis, Handling, Steering and as quoted from a friend who drove the car "it's as visceral as an M should be and then some..."

I'm not saying you could only mention those, but when you stray so far off into the oblivion trying to degrade the car, it makes your biases fairly obvious.

For example, not everyone has to love Black Sabbath, but when you listen to their music, you can tell immediately that they are a rock band. If someone were to come up to you and tell you that they are a techno, dance group you would disagree on principle alone.

Or,

Even though Clarkson hates Porsches, and Hammond loves them, both agree that they are amazing machines. I'm trying to point out the degree of variation, though differences exist, there is still a margin to abide by. If in fact, you're doing a review truthfully and unbiased.

There are somethings most people would agree on, like the engine of the f8x. Calling it less powerful than previous engines, when it's literally one of the most torquey engines they've ever put together, is just kinda like "c'mon man". You don't have to like it, and I prefer you didn't because it would make it more of an outcast, but don't come on here and write a load of biased vile because they're guys on this forum way smarter than you or me who will shoot it down.

Just saying'...
Appreciate 0