Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
I've been mostly active over in the delivery sub forum for the past six months waiting for my car.

After six months of waiting, yesterday was my delivery day at the Performance Center in Greenville. I'll start this whole post with these words. I love this car.

And now - for the rest of the story. I've been in the BMW family since 2013. I left for a while last year for my second P car (a 992S). I pretty much was ridiculed by the rennlist community when I posted in March that I just didn't find the 992S very exciting. Life's too short and so in May I posted that car for sale and it was gone three days later. At the time I decided to take a break from high end cars for a bit and just drive my wife's Tesla (long range model Y). The Tesla is a nice car and all (for what it is) but by July the itch hit again and I realized my brand loyalty really is with BMW and so, after an M550, a 550, a F80 M3C, the time came for an M5C.

I worked with Next Level Auto Brokers in early July and we found a dealer with an allocation willing to take the deal we wanted. Given the market, I'm pleased with the financial arrangements we were able to come to. By July 15 we had a deal and an allocation number. I've participated in a bunch of the delivery delay threads and so won't repeat that content here.

During the B&W issue, I was told B&W was removed from my build. I ended up adding a few other options to make me happy (and in the end I'm really glad I did).

My spec:

2022 M5C - Marina Bay Blue over silverstone full leather. Exec, Drivers assistance pro, carbon ceramic brakes, M performance exhaust.

I'm not going to do a full "review" of the driving experience - I've only had the car for a day. However. I can say with certainty - while I found the 992S boring, this car is rowdy. I love it.

I took delivery at the performance center - Mike and Clint were our driving instructors and Rafael did my delivery. The whole experience was really well done - from the planning, pickup at GSP, the stay, the meals, etc. BMW really goes out of their way to make PCD customers feel special. Since I was buying a M5 - the track session was a mini M school. Nothing like hoping in a school car at 39 degrees on cold tires and your instructor saying - you seem like you know your way around, let's have some fun and less than 30 seconds after getting in the car he has us throwing the thing sideways. Great lessons in car control and definitely gave me an appreciation just how high the limits are in these cars. Best part? Got to take my 74 year old dad as my guest and he got to experience it as well (he's also a previous BMW owner).

The actual car delivery was great as well, of course the car looked amazing under the lights in the delivery center.

We ended up doing a bit of a cannon ball run from Greenville back to my home in central FL as the weather on the whole east coast wasn't great for a "fun" over night in Savanah.

A special shout out to a feature. As I mentioned my wife has a model Y with auto-steer and we've taken the full autopilot subscription as well to try it. I had no idea how good BMW's Drivers Assistance Pro would work. Auto-steer is great and when you get stuck in traffic it will let you go full hands free. Yeah yeah, I know we buy these to be drivers cars (and it is an incredible drivers car) but when you're trying to cover 540 miles in 7 hours, a little bit of auto-steer provided a much needed break (especially since we had rain for most of the drive).

My son (who's 8) is also a BMW fan and when I took him to karate camp this morning in the new car he said Dad - i like this a lot better than the porsche we had. The kid is a car guy already and can pick out most exotics by their exhaust note alone.

I know many of you are anxiously waiting for your delivery. Yes the delays suck. My CA was incredible throughout the entire process and I never felt like I was in the dark about where and when my car was. But most importantly, this car is worth the wait!

And finally - a few pictures from the delivery experience.
Congrats! Performance Center Delivery is such a great way to take delivery. Enjoy!

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
MackSea70780.00