Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
no one is going to say look at my original EV Tesla but they will drool over the M5 CS or Hellcat in 20 years

when EV's can weigh as little and have the same dynamics let me know. They're heavy, you feel the weight, sure straight line they can be fast but it's not the same
We really aren't that far off concerning the weight tbh, here are some quick google numbers for the class:

-M5 CS: 4036 lb on scale, per BMW blog
-M5 C: 4370 lb on scale, per this post
-E63s: 4515 lb per C&D
-Panny Turbo S: 4751 lb per MT
-Panny Turbo S e-hybrid: 5300 lb per MT
-RS6 (avant): 4960 lbs per C&D
-Plaid: 4833 lb on scale per Dragtimes in this article

Seems to be right in there with the rest of them, even compared to the M5C we're only talking ~10% difference with almost double the power. I think it's totally within BMW or any other manufacturer's power to have an EV handle just as good as anything you'd expect, especially if they don't also throw in a massive long range battery pack. In terms of outright performance, Pobst set both the lap times for the base F90 M5 (1:39.81) at 2018's BDC, and the recent Plaid flyer (1:30.4). All I'm saying is I would welcome that kind of performance in a BMW. We spend a lot of time here bitching about grills, can we complain about falling behind in power now?

CS will be remembered for sure as it's limited, but how much more memorable would any of these cars be if they could turn out a lap faster than a GT3? Or embarrass a Demon at the strip?
800lbs is a lot and those lap times compare the top end Tesla to a base M5 so they aren't the same. My point is people will list after proper sports car in 20 years not an original Tesla or other EV which is what makes the CS better. I don't think it needs more power but sure you can add it (I know you're saying BMW needs to)

There's more to a car than just lap times, how they feel to drive is important too. Like my M2 I just sold, it had character, was it the quickest? no, it was a blast to drive every day it put a smile on my face as I would rev it out and hear the shifts. Electric cars don't give that excitement at all
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
wtwo318017.50