Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcusem3 View Post
Not at all... as amazing as it is; it is NOT a class above the new caddy's. If you knew how many parts the m5 shares with the plain old 3 series you'd be shocked.
I think class is a sense of how the package looks and the feelings that it emotes in the person driving it / looking at it / etc. It can share parts all day with a “lesser” car and that doesn’t bother me. For example: just because the mansion used some 2x6 lumber in its construction doesn’t mean it is any lesser because the gas-station down the road has some 2x6 lumber in it as well. Or I’ll turn your logic on its head - if you knew how many parts the M5 shares with the not so plain Rolls-Royce.... you have to swing the axe both ways if such comparisons are to be invoked would you not agree? :
I agree to a point...the RR thing, well yeah a $35k 230i gets the same tech and iDrive as a $450k RR. One is hand built

What I don't agree with is the statement that the m5 is a class above Cadillac right now, especially the "V" or "blackwing" or whatever the hell they're calling them models these days