04-03-2024, 01:51 PM   #15
gioM5-Comp
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyy4u View Post
So in my opinion a 2020 M5C is the sweet spot. You get the older ECU calibration with pops and bangs, and newer gauges without all that LCI stuff.

This is exactly why I own a 2020 M5C :-)
Yes, I eventually found this out during my extensive research when searching for my eventual car. I came across a 2020 model where the only part of the car that was changed was the instrument cluster to the newer style digital display. Everything else, front and rear lights, and the button layout around the gear shifter were still the pre LCI style. I was told that that was probably the start of the transition to the LCI model, so a sort of crossover version let’s say. I wasn’t sure at the time wether the pops and bangs would have already been mapped out in the ECU by this stage so I played safe a plumped for an earlier model instead. I did however go and see it first to confirm those lovely pops & bangs were still present and when I heard them, it was like music to my ears…!!
I suppose I could of also checked out the 2020 model too as the new instrument cluster would not have been a deal breaker for me. The sound of the car was my main criteria and my preference for the analogue style digital cluster still did play a part in my choice. 😀👍
Appreciate 0