View Single Post
      10-04-2015, 12:07 PM   #15
whatheheck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 360, 2015 SO M4

You're welcome.

When the M4 is delivered from the factory it has a maintenance checklist for the dealership to do. (I have a copy)

One of the checklist states (If I remember correctly) is to charge the battery after 6 weeks of sitting undriven.

My car sat on the dealership uncharged for over 6 weeks and when I took it for a test drive there was a warning message on the display "battery low, charge ASAP" or something like that.

The dealer said the car will charge the battery when I drive it.
Make a long story short I bought the car, drove it for 4 hours home and the low battery light did not go out.

I hooked up the battery to a battery charger when I got home and the battery will no longer take a full charge so I contacted the dealer and they replaced the battery and registered the new battery.

(Lithium Ion) Battery replacement cost for parts and labor = $1,800.00. Ouch! Lucky I did not have to pay for it.

So I encourage everyone to hook up their battery to a battery tender if you wont be driving it for over a month as replacement costs is not cheap if you are at fault. This info is also covered in the owners manual.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dillinger View Post
thanks dan

Last edited by whatheheck; 10-04-2015 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 1