View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #8
Punitive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet3r View Post
I was worried about how it would feel, going from an F10 to the F90.

Honestly, I do not miss anything about the DCT! The smoothness of the ZF is incredible. It shifts just as fast, is smoother from a stop, has better gearing for the engine, and feels like a beautiful fit for this motor compared to the F10.

I love the Auto H, and that when you turn off/on the car, it auto engages/disengages the parking break.

The transmission tuning is FAR superior. In D2 mode and Sport throttle, it seems to anticipate which gear I want to be in way way better than the DCT. It's like its reading my mind. I can hear and feel the car upshifting to a lower gear as I'm breaking into a corner, and upon exit it always nails the right gear. The F10 always felt likt it never found the right gear, and in D3, the F10 would hold 2nd gear way, way too long.

All around, there is nothing I miss from the F10, especially not in the drivetrain.
Sport Plus engine and D2 is perfect for daily driving. It is amazing how BMW nailed the programming. The barks on shifts in upper RPM's is addicting. The DCT really annoyed me in stop and go.
Appreciate 3
soooma1379.00
F30Andy1778.50