View Single Post
      01-30-2024, 06:40 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Home well systems?

Since my septic tank thread went well and I learned a lot of stuff, I figured why not start one about well systems?

I've been curious about some new houses/landplots where there doesn't seem to be any access to city water or sewers, so I'd like to know more about well systems. There are so many questions for a newb like me, for example:

1. how accurate are the hired professionals who will probe the land to see if there's a viable well underneath? If they say it will last 50 years for a family of 4, how believable is that?

2. what kind of systems are good? I assume most ppl are going to have a drilled well?

3. will Canadian winters affect these systems and what precautions need one take?

4. I assume power generators as backups are a must?

5. how clean is the water vs city water? any additional health risks?

I'm sure that I'll have more questions. Anyway, tx in advance!
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0