12-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
PABrian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
Thank you for sharing. By any slight chance, I have the original system in my F80 because its a 2015, any videos or chances there's an application I can connect it to through my phone?
The BMW Connected app is what will work with your car, but you can't log into your ConnectedDrive account in the car to gain the same benefits as what you get with iDrive 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the instrument cluster set up really opens up a lot of really cool features. Im sure what we are seeing now is just the beginning.
With over-the-air updates coming in a few months, I would not be surprised at all if we did gain additional functionality with the instrument cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Short videos for the short attention spans of millennial's.
BMW has been making feature-specific videos for a while now. It actually makes a lot of sense as for most people, they want to learn about specific, individual features when they come looking for help. Making a 20-minute video that covers a number of topics would be a big turn-off as people will have to skip around to find the one or two things they want to know. These short videos have been very well-received by clients of all ages, but especially middle-aged and older people.

Also, you never use an apostrophe when pluralizing a noun of any type, ever. That's something millennials are absolutely butchering for sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2COMP View Post
I see full screen CarPlay here. Is it a version update. I have I drive 6.
I'm almost certain this is iDrive 7 specific. BMW hasn't been known to retrofit newer technology and features into prior generation systems, so I doubt it'll happen.

Last edited by PABrian; 12-26-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
M3GymNut907.50