10-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #13
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever34 View Post
Can someone with couple minutes on their hands explain to me how these tunes work.

How does he go from stock to tuned?

Thread say with or without app function. What exactly does that mean?

Does this affect warranty. I assume if you can turn it on and off it would not leave any traces?

What required for the install?

Finally what's the worst that could happen with these tunes ?

Thanks
He goes from stock to tuned by installing RaceChip GTS Black piggy back tuning.

For F90 M5 application, there are option to have mobile app function or without.
With mobile app function, you can change the map from Efficiency, Sport, and Race via your Mobile phone as alternative to accessing the module setting adjustment itself.
While without mobile app function, you will need to access the module to change the map.

Warranty wise, it is not supposed to unless BMWNA can proof that it is what caused the engine malfunction or damage.
You can turn it on and off. Trace wise, it will leave a trace somehow someway, just a matter of how deep you want to look into the data.

I will do installation in house this weekend and will put together a DIY by sometime next week.

The worst could happen with this tune, you will get a limp mode. It is where the ECU protecting the engine from getting damaged.
That is the beauty of RaceChip piggy back tuning. It still relying on the stock ECU protection parameters.
When you get a limp mode, it means that you need to dial down the setting. Something is not compatible, it could be bad gas, elevation, or sensors is going bad/defective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxguy View Post
PM sent.
Replied.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 3