View Single Post
      08-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #15
timt
Reader, Rare Poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Black (2015)

Fred - any news on the Brembo kit coming to market? **********s and others are claiming that they already have a Brembo Big Break kit available for the 135.

I am surprised this hasn't become a more talked about topic for the track guys. The stock pads are worthless at the track, and there are limited (none?) options for easily buying replacement track-able pads.

Then recently I just realized what a total PITA replacing the pads is on the 135. The claws design means you have to disassemble darn near the entire apparatus for each switch, as opposed to my Porsches that have been super easy, or the Brembo kit.

So the stock breaks are great for street driving and under BMW maintenance where they replace the pads. However, for anyone wanting to track the car it is feeling like the Brembo kit may be the only practical (although super expensive) option for available pads and easy swap.

Thoughts?

Previous (all 6MT): Dinan 135i, E46 M3, 2007 Porsche GT3, 2012 Cayman R, 2003 Carrera 4S, 2001 Gemballa Boxster S, and some Audis.
Appreciate 0