View Single Post
      10-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

All depends what it is worth to you etc. Some people are paying 5K markup, a few cases even more. Everyone else outside of military right now are at MSRP. If you go into the M2C lease thread etc you'll see that the discounts have faded on those and it's less than 10% now (I think they were saying 5-8%). So I wouldn't expect the CS to see discount beyond that for the cars that remain. My dealer sat on their heritage for months, and weren't willing to go to 10% from what I know of what was happening there. So basically, those of us at MSRP are at worst "out" 8k when the cars depreciate, which is the same as optioning in the CCB's. So don't option those in, and the differential one year out is probably not that large.

My personal view on the situation - I want the car, I love what it is, and the difference in price between MSRP and some theoretical "optimal" discount that may or may not materialize is pretty trivial to the total cost of ownership. I had/have no interest in spending time or effort trying to save money on the purchase of this car. The fact that the price was effectively no haggle, sign and drive, was in fact a huge bonus in the purchase experience.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0