Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
A few things I'd like to point out.

The F8x M3 and M4 use taller tyres at the rear in every version of about the same difference front to rear. When people change the ratio closer to being the same size or even run shorter tyres in the rear, the traction control cuts in much more frequently.

The F90 M5 can have 1.1% difference if you have the standard summer tyres on. However on winter tyres you are able to do 265/40r19 all round, so no difference at all as well as 265/40r19 at the front and 285/40r19 at the rear. This is 2.6% difference.

As such I believe it will be fine if you go anywhere from 0% to 2.6% difference.

It is also worth noting that the same system in staggered wheels on the G30, G32 and G11 have slightly shorter wheels at the rear, up to 1.1% shorter at the rear. As the overall system design is the same and isn't a constant 50/50 setup which would bind (normally the front wheels are disengaged) that slightly shorter at the rear would also be ok. However I wouldn't do this for the reason I mentioned above, the traction and stability systems are programmed for slightly taller tyres at the rear.
Agree with you on that one