View Single Post
      10-19-2015, 12:08 PM   #18
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Your struggle to beat the 1-2-3 account at the moment.

Don't forget you also get 'cash back' on gas/water/electricity/council tax/phone bills. That lot alone should cover the £2/month fee (going up to £5 soon).

We've got two individual 1-2-3 accounts, but I'm thinking about opening a third joint account. You get more interest putting £20K into the 1-2-3 account than most ISA's, unless your willing to fix for 5 years.

We also have two Halifax accounts - Which pays us £5/month for putting in £500/month and in addition both of us use the Halifax Reward credit cards, that give you another £5/month as long as you spend £300/month - So that's £20/month from Halifax for doing nothing.

My actual 'daily' bank account is NatWest - Been with them since a student, they give me nothing at all, so might actually change soon...Damn that free mug they gave me when I signed up at Uni

Lloyds will pay 5% interest on upto £2500, so might also be worth a look....I've thought about it, but having 4 active current accounts seems abit crazy!!

I move a set amount of money each month between the various accounts with pre-set standing orders, as you can imagine come pay-day, it's all very chaotic. But as they say, every penny counts
Appreciate 0