View Single Post
      01-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #6
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Audi R8, 2023 Audi S8

If you don't like rock chips, then PPF on the front end of the vehicle is an absolute must-have.

I have made the mistake of getting a new car ceramic coated without PPF, and then in the first month a big wad of dried mud flew off a truck hauling a tractor and hit my hood. The truck wasn't even in my lane, I was passing it. The dried mud was like a rock, and took a huge chunk of paint with it. PPF would have saved the day.

As for the rest of the car, PPF need will vary depending on your location and circumstances.

I live in a place where parking spaces are large, and everyone seems to be mindful about opening doors. My Audi has not had 1 single door ding in 6 years of ownership. I don't even think about where I park.

But in a big city, where parking garages have tiny spaces and people are not always so nice, full PPF might be a lifesaver.

I will tell you one thing for certain..... The time to get PPF is immediately when you take ownership of the car. If you chip the paint before getting film, then you will either have to live with the flaws in the paint, or you'll have to repaint the car and then not drive the car for many weeks while the paint cures. You can't wrap a fresh paintjob because new paint will outgas for weeks until fully cured.
Appreciate 1
JM5W78.50