View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #106
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2022 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlynarz View Post
After half a year on steels in my F90 I have nothing to complain about beside the brake dust. Probably I will install ceramic pads to reduce it in the future. I can not feel any fade when breaking constantly from high speeds, which was an issue in my F82 M4 with steels. There is a little squeal sometimes when breaking.

I was driving F90 with CCB on track and there is no difference in stopping power comparing to steels that I have in my car. And to be honest - CCB in F90 are really, really good - even on wet I did not observe any issues with it. However BMW made steels also so good that in my opinion there is no point in paying extra money for CCB when you will not track your car. Regarding longevity - my friend who have bought F90 with CCB, after 15k km, used half of the braking pads so do not expect it to last 100k km as many people may think, unless you would drive it like a 520d
When comparing longevity and expected mileage, we are referring to the rotors lasting 100k, not the pads. I'm sure the steels do stop just as well, but having no brake dust and decreased unsprung weight are pretty great perks.
Appreciate 0