View Single Post
      04-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
Charlie Brown
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Azurite Black

I recently chose Eisenmann Sport with non-resonated center x-pipe. I can def hear it from inside the car however it's not loud and like all exhaust I've heard thus far, the sound outside the vehicle is "better" than inside. Here's the thing. With the non-resonated X-pipe, the exhaust sound actually compliments the active sound BMW decided to pipe through the speakers. I can hear the Eisenmann x-pipe in concert with active sound. I have to admit it sounds pretty good. I no longer cringe at the idea that the exhaust note is really just The Matrix creating reality for me. My goal was to improve the sound (inside and out) and the look (black series tips) and I have to say I have achieved both. If I wanted more sound volume outside I'd "upgrade" my E-sport rear section to E-race.

All this is to say that if you want to improve the sound inside the car, whatever exhaust you choose, choose one that offers sound improvements from the center section. IMHO, that contributes a lot to the sound quality you hear inside.
Appreciate 0