Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJT
Z4,

Like you I had an awful time in my Z4 the first time I went out in snow. My problem was basically caused by my road being particularly shaded (hence the sun never burnt the ICE away) and very slightly uphill.

The solution was basically to turn DTC and DSC OFF and pull away in second gear.

The traction system in your car will simply mean that you'll go no where, because as soon as it senses ANY amount of slippage it will intervene. In this instance you're going to need some wheel spin to actually get you moving. It's a case of your feet doing a better job than the electronics!

Just to clarify though, that once I did actually get moving (and we're talking 2-3 inches of compacted ICE here) I obviously switched all the electronic nannies back on!
Yeah - thats exactly what happened! It basically just stopped the rear left wheel, then the right, then the left and so on. Every so often the car would kind of wriggle about a bit before getting its composure back. Due to other cars/objects close by, I didn't want to turn DTC/DSC off just in case the whole thing went into a spin and I ended up turning 180 degrees.