skier_du
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
I think you've sold me. I'll be picking up a set this winter.

These look to fall in between all the regular options and Street Comfort variants, while still being on the performant side as far as the damping profiles. Which is exactly what I was looking for.

I'll be rolling the dice on them fitting since I am Xdrive. Since a few other brands do mount in the front without much of an issue, and the shock body is adjustable I shouldn't expect any problems.
You can call Fortune Auto about xDrive. I did that last year when I was looking for coilovers. They don't make them for xDrive, but where willing to make them if I could get measurements for the front shocks. Unfortunately I didn't get around to getting measurements at the time and didn't want to wait for anyone to develop shocks. So I went with KW v3.
But if you can wait, then you could get shocks of the appropriate length for xDrive. That way you can set the ride height where you want and you'll be within the most efficient range of the shock, so it will perform better. Also you'll have more suspension travel. This is especially import if you live in an area with any amount of bad roads.
Appreciate 0