United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfolife View Post
Hey community I'm having an issue with my retrofit and maybe someone else has had this.
I purchased the LCI lights from Abdul (after lengthy delays)for my 18 Base M5. My car had the whole 5th wire on the inners and I repinned as per this thread. I had Vic code the lights and they worked fine but then every once in a while the left, right and sometimes both outer upper lights would stop working as far as the brake and signal function. The parking light function as does the lower strips but signal and braking intermittent. (only affecting the large led portion not the thin strips at the bottom)
When I scan I'm getting fault codes for shorts in both left and right outer lights and another for "exceeded allowable short circuit resets" which I believe is the Body control unit. Ive checked the security of both plugs and wires to the outer lights.
Has anyone experienced this?
Is it possible the lights (NA spec on NA Car) are defective?
Should I run feed wires from the BDC/inner tail lights since I didn't
Think I needed to? Sorry if this was addressed before
It doesn't sound like faulty lights as it's highly unlikely that both sides would be malfunctioning the same way and both are faulty.

Let's talk about the fifth wire. Why did you need a 5th wire with US lights? The 5th wire is for Euro lights from the BDC or jump to the outer. US cars mid 2019 and older often have 5 wires but the 5th is for rear fogs and basically doing nothing for the pre LCI tails.

So tell me more about the 5th wire. Where is it now on your inner connector and did you do anything with it at the BDC. Have you tried just removing the 5th wire from the inner connector and just use 4 wires per page one of this thread?
Some US cars came with 5th wire but if u used US spec lights then u don't need it at all. Also make sure ur welcome lights are turned off in idrive.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0