12-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #11
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
Kinda funny how all of them joined forces & left Tesla out. Y'all know Elon won't let this fly easily right
Tesla uses a proprietary charger, if anything they are happy, their overall goal is to move the world to sustainable transportation, even if that means not everyone is driving a Tesla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Cant wait to hear how many new nuke plants they need to build to provide the electricity
Zero, they will have to build zero "nuke" plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_bagshot View Post
That's what I am curious about too. I hope our solution for meeting the increasing demand for electric won't be more harmful than oil.
It will not be more harmful than oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
I hate to break it to you but most residential utilization is at night

Adding widespread car charging to the equasion will exceed current production capacity in many parts of the US

Coincidentally it also means that all those people wanting to go to solar are SOL as well

Wait for electric rates to go up even MORE than they currently have as demand pushes/exceeds the limits of supply.....

Just wait until state/fed legislatures try to apply taxes to electric cars because of the decreased revenue due to lower utilization of liquid fuel sources

Oregon has already tried to go full retard on this by trying to track cars by GPS and taxing per mile driven........

Y'all dont want gov in your bedroom but are ok with Gov tracking everywhere you go?
EV's need to charge while people are asleep, not while they are awake cooking, doing laundry, etc. It is at that point when electric plants currently produce more power than there is demand for. Quit believing all that right wing BS, they are only servicing their own needs ($$$). Even if there were not environmental benefits to an EV I would still drive one, instant torque, low maintenance and NEVER having to stop at a gas station for fuel. My "gas station" is in my garage, I plug the car in at night, it starts charging at 11pm and in the morning it is ready to go.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0