SoFlo_Nick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current (392 Widebody Charger)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttlegoose View Post
Sorry from the get go if this is a silly topic, but I'll post anyway.

Like many of you I am juggling between which options I want and which options I need. Two completely different stories. I test drove a 328i with the tech package, screen is awesome, HUD is super awesome, but I didn't actually turn the nav on. I have not had nav yet in a car and was considering it this time around.

I have heard the argument of who needs a nav when you have your smart phone, but let's face it trying to look at your phone can get very annoying while driving, not to mention its not very safe. I found the HUD very useful displaying my speed, and will be very useful for turn by turn directions as well.

My thoughts were that we are not to far along from being able to display our phone map onto the idrive screen. I have heard the idea thrown around in the forums once or twice but not much came of it. Anyone have any thoughts on this matter? I would much rather safe myself the money lol!
I used to use Portable Nav and they where good but... Once i took a leap of faith and got In Dash it was the best option based move i ever did its so convienitnt and easy especially BMW nav. And if you don't want to input yourself or it cant find it call BMW Assist and they can download the directions into the nav its Worth it you cant go wrong with it
Appreciate 0