View Single Post
      07-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Right on the money. Doesn't hurt to widen the track of the car too. The car is quite narrow (it's 3" narrower than the 335i).

Oh and there's also that RV battery in the trunk. We ditched that for a 15 lbs dry cell.

Are you guys running software or does your class prohibit it? The car runs a lot hotter with the extra boost. We did not have any issues last time we were testing out at Buttonwillow (stock power). However it was a pleasant 85 degrees last time and it should be over 100 degrees this weekend just like we were experiencing at Willow Springs.

Good luck guys! Take it for the 1ers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwarren View Post
The 135i is a capable track car.

To make it a VERY capable track car, it needs the following...

- Larger front tires to help eliminate under-steer.

- Front negative camber plates.

- Proper track-ready brake pads. (except for WSIR)

To really take the next step, a complete removal of the sunroof system is necessary. The car is heavy and especially top-heavy. You'd have to pull the headliner, take out the entire tray & motor assembly, and graft in a new skin - made properly with skill on a wheel. Kind of shame to do it to such a nice car but it's an easy graft, blend and paint for any decent shop. Probably about a $1200 job. You could always get a Canadian non-sunroof skin and have that installed - more $$$ but really the nice way to go.

We'll have our race car at Buttonwillow this weekend if anyone wants to swing by and say hello.
We're number ...135 :roundel:

-Ralph Warren

PS. I hear the Evolution Racewerks car will be at Cal Speedway this weekend. A bit of an easier drive for the So Cal folk. Good luck guys!!! I want to check out that oil cooler system they have. We were OK in the WSIR heat, we'll see about Buttonwillow this weekend.
Appreciate 0