03-08-2020, 06:15 AM   #22
WAHF80M3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I find the M5 to be way better than my M4 (and previous M3s) in almost all aspects.
The performance is pretty special....with plenty of confidence to push on, in good and bad weather.
The M5 has a surprising amount of front end grip for its weight with good turn in....but not as agile as my M4 nor as sensitive to steering input.
The std non comp pack M5 is a lot more comfortable over poor road surfaces than my M4 comp pack was and has plenty of space for 4 people to travel long distances in comfort.
It depends on what you want....I would say the M5 is the more "grown up" car of the two.
For me the F8x M3/4 lost the balance that made the E92 M3s such fun to throw around...and my M4 certainly felt like it would create an M4 shaped hole in the countryside given half a chance.
There is always the awd version of the M3/4 due soon as an alternative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Burns View Post
Two things I picked out from your post was the 6+ hours round trip and how you found the build quality (especially seats) to be first class in your M3.

Focusing on comfort, I'd 100% expect you to enjoy the F90.

I went straight from F80 M3 Comp to F90 M5 and it is a large step up in terms of quality and comfort.

Is it as much fun? - not for me - it is completely different - do I love it? - hell yes!

Drive one - it's blooming massive compared to the M3!
It's that hole in the countryside that has me shook occasionally!!!!
Appreciate 0