View Single Post
      01-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #11
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
I always wonder how the guys with painter's tape covering the nose of their car will cope with a brush with the Armco.
most people aren't too happy about that kind of damage, but preventing wear-and-tear when possible also makes sense. i did chuckle at the idea of spending $500 to get clear bra (good deal from my finance guy) on my car and then hitting a dear and just destroying it. since i want to keep the car a while, i figure it's worth protecting some of the higher-risk (albeit lower on the damage spectrum) areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Has anyone sprayed Pasti-Dip all over the car or used other methods as paint protection for a weekend event? I am looking for a non-permanent solution to use 2-4 times a year.

Thanks
i know a guy who does it for road trips on his 328i and loves the method. i can ask what specifics he used. definitely mind areas that fall beyond your intended area (e.g.: behind the grilles, etc) because it basically does come out just like spray paint and gets on everything (like my forearms when i was painting the grille surrounds and side markers despite wearing gloves).

i definitely think you're more likely to catch debris when you're driving hot on someone's tail … small debris and sometimes only rubber, sure, but enough to cause chips that can be avoided with a simple coating of some sort. good luck man and most importantly, have fun out there!

Appreciate 0