View Single Post
      05-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
Dr Dirt, it comes with the option "professional navigation" here in Australia - all 56 foxtel channels (and no monthly fee) under "Entertainment" in the iDrive menu.

Captain Oz - A few things - I didn't buy my 335 from the dealer who upgraded the iDrive, so I was unsure how they would react. Anyway, when I got to handing the car in (after booking it in and explaining I needed up iDrive software warranty upgrade), they actually asked what was wrong with the iDrive, so I just said 1. slow to boot intermittently, 2. knob doesn't always work in the specified direction 3. assist window arrow pop-up with navigation doesn't work (to reproduce this, program a Nav destination from the main window, switch the main window to another function eg. FM radio, go across to assist window, switch assist window to "arrow view" and you should notice that the arrows won't appear as you approach a corner you are supposed to turn into. On the new iDrive you will see these arrows work)

I will have to try to work out how to make my TV work consistently when stationary with the footbrake. I am not sure if in Australia it is only supposed to work when stationary with the handbrake or footbrake.

PS just joking about the 56 fox channels!

I wasn't expecting them to wash the car, because they too are now offering a paid Car wash service, starting at $33 or so for a basic wash!
Appreciate 0