View Single Post
      06-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #190
jkclay
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
Traded my RS7 for a RR Velar FE, which turned out to be the biggest car-buying mistake I've ever made. The RR Velar was an awful car, very problematic, poor build quality, and had to go back to dealer service for 6 unscheduled visits in less than a year to address several issues which even until the last day I had it remained unresolved. I finally traded it in for the M5C a couple of months ago and it's like I got my RS7 back, but even better in many ways! Good riddance to the Velar, for it has soured my perception of the Land Rover/Range Rover brand. The M5C is an incredible car and has been flawless so far (knock on wood).
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
Traded my RS7 for a RR Velar FE, which turned out to be the biggest car-buying mistake I've ever made. The RR Velar was an awful car, very problematic, poor build quality, and had to go back to dealer service for 6 unscheduled visits in less than a year to address several issues which even until the last day I had it remained unresolved. I finally traded it in for the M5C a couple of months ago and it's like I got my RS7 back, but even better in many ways! Good riddance to the Velar, for it has soured my perception of the Land Rover/Range Rover brand. The M5C is an incredible car and has been flawless so far (knock on wood).
Not surprised by what you're telling me. I bought my 18 RR Sport SC in May of 18. I've had it in the shop at least 5 times for computer issues. Most recently it was in the shop for a new air compressor for the air suspension and a new antenna for the key fobs that randomly quit working (10,062 miles). During the two weeks they had it I wondered over to the Porsche dealer to look at a Panamera GTS and over to BMW only to find a M5 comp on the show room floor. I got in it and instantly wanted the car. Can't say that I felt that way with the Panamera. Long story short I worked a trade deal out with the RR sight unseen as it's still sitting at the dealer for the warranty work haha. I put a deposit down to hold it until the RR got finished and until I could get back from Costa Rica. Just got back today and will be headed over to the RR dealership tomorrow to pick up the vehicle, then headed for a quick run to the stereo shop to pull some equipment, and off to the BMW dealership to pick up the new whip. I did love the looks of the RR and it was fun to drive but I believe I'll truly enjoy the M5 better. Can't wait to get it!

Out with the old and in with the new!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
lofrese1264.00
elbmw812.50
ctdw124.00