View Single Post
      04-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #26
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
I had a particular need to mount my R3 radar detector and BlackVue dash cam on a Blendmount mirror mount. Unfortunately Blendmount doesn't make one that holds both. So I made it myself. I ordered the BBV 2030 dash cam mount and the BNR UC2 R3 clip and bolted them together. I was going to do a full write up, but I did this last night and didn't have a chance to take pics. For the rear camera I pulled off the top middle panel around the back glass first, then I removed the small window trim on the passenger side of the rear window. Next I pulled out the passenger side rear speaker cover. Just a few clips hold it in. Then I pulled down the headliner using a panel popper tool to release the two clips. I fished the camera cable through the rear hatch and boot into the car and then fished the cable through a rubber grommet and brought the rear camera cable out by the rear speaker. I ran the rear camera cable along the headliner on the passenger side since it was easy to access by pulling down the door Weatherstripping. I pulled up the threshold plate on the pass. Side front door and then the corner molding to get to the fuse box. I used fuse # 53 for switched power and fuse #20 for constant. There's a ground bolt right there to ground to. Here's a few pics.
Which Blackvue?

Will you get an R7 now?
Appreciate 0