View Single Post
      10-17-2021, 07:18 AM   #14
Alberta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asaym87 View Post
This is a relief as I have my frozen bluestone metallic M5C on order. After reading this thread and many others, I felt like I was left with no choice but to wrap it the ENTIRE CAR in PPF for another $7k. I'll probably wrap it in the typical problem areas to reduce the cost. I've just heard so many horror stories about these paints and their inability to repair a ding or scratch.
I see a lot of people saying that Frozen paint is very soft, that if a respray is needed the chances of color matching are close to 0.

A lot of bulshit going on.

I'm speaking from experience, I had the car immediately ceramic coated with Gtechniq, back when I got it over 3 years ago.
I initially thought that I would be keeping the car for a shot period of time and didn't go with PPF.
Finally, I like the car more and I'm thinking to keep it for a long period of time.

As nothing can beat PPF, if you are considering keeping the car for a few years, go with PPF.
If it's a lease, just don't worry to much but of course avoid going to car-washes tunnel.

Frozen paint (whatever the color) makes the lines pop so much more than a regular shiny paint, at least on the F90.

Check out the thread about my car in my signature if you want to see how the paint is holding up.
Appreciate 0