Thread: Race Chip 👍
View Single Post
      01-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #144
Bmwusabmw
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5

I had to fight with the BMW case manager over and even refernce them to the owners manual listing how to use LC...they gave up after that.

I’ll post some dragy runs in a few. normally on map 2 only reaching about 4psi of the target I’ll see a 10.6-10.7@133-134, thats without using LC and just mashing the throttle ( 1.75-1.78 60’) with LC I’m sure 10.3-10.4 are where it would end up. Once I’m back on summer tires I’ll get some LC runs in.

60-130 have been high 6.8s to 7.2s, Dragy does drive me nuts anymore as the elevation is never accurate. It will vary almost 2% in elevation on the same exact road from time to time.

The shift feature is really what I loved about LC, ultra fast and better timed full boost shifts. I wonder if there will be an update to the 18-19
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Cool, thanks.

Do you have any timeslips or Dragy numbers?

lol on the launches! That's absurd--why give a car a feature if it's frowned upon to use it... makes no sense. I launch this car every reasonable chance I get--suffice it to say, I'm well over 10 . The 2020s have a trick that the earlier F90s don't (as far as I know): in MDM mode and using manual shifting, if you brake boost, the transmission uses that special shift mode it typically reserves for full Launch Control scenarios--I use this a heckuva lot.
I’m going to see if it work on the 18s (map 0 just in case it doesnt lol) it does shift itself like LC even though its in manual mode?

Last edited by Bmwusabmw; 01-19-2020 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0