View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 07:05 AM   #18
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

Have you even driven any of them? There is so much difference in size, ergonomics and personality among the three. A 991.1 with the base NA engine needs to be WOUND out to feel fast. Its a nice engine, but everything happens at high RPM. You have to really prefer the NA personality to enjoy it. Compare that to the turbo torque of the two BMWs (and your current 550) and it will feel slllloooowwwww.

Based on the m8, I'm assuming your budget can push $90k. For that you can get a nice 991.2 vert and get the best of all worlds. The new small t turbo engines are great, they still rev like the old P-car engines, still have the flat 6 wail, but now have enough torque to get off the line with a push. The convertible is an engineering marvel. Its actually a fabric covered magnesium shell, so it's quiet like a hard top in the up position and keeps the clean coupe look. It folds in under 20 secs and with the built in wind deflector can be used top down in the high 40s F (not that you'd ever see it in Cali, but out east it extends the top down season by a couple months).

Best of all, you can get the 911 w. a true manual if you search hard enough. At least that's what I did.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00