Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWChi
LWL, you can't control the iPod, but you can connect it to the AUX port in the arm rest and play through the Audio system. You will have to open the arm rest each time you wish to skip, previous track, etc. Hopefully they will create a connection method that will allow control of the iPod through the steering wheel controls and show the track names etc. Currently, for the E90, they do not offer the same connector in the glove compartment that they sold for the previous models.
i hope so too...but just go to radio shack and get yourself like a 6 foot chord, and then you can just have the ipod on the passenger seat,...saves from having to open the armrest all the time...

thats what i did anyways...

but i really do hope that we will be able to upgrade to a fully idrive controlled ipod adapter in the future....i really want to be able to see songs titles on my idrive screen...

p.s.

I am LOVING my idrive....i have not had one problem at all finding my way around...i have heard the horror stories...and those people must not be much of computer people...cause it really is easy to use....and the voice command is great...but it is very very sensitive...if you have people in the car...dont use it much cause if they are talking the system wont understand you and make you look dumb....

overall...I LOVE IT