Jacob_Tyler_Freed
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5Competition LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_Tyler_Freed View Post
Most likely a loose valve. When the car is past it's second idle stage, and you are able to burble the car in sport mode, does it go away when the valves open?
Yes, only really does it when the valves are shut. Been confirmed it is the valves rattling, which i already knew, just took a while to convince BMW. They have fitted a new rear silencer, with new valves etc, and it still persists. Dealership has been great, but BMW themselves have now said, its normal with the sports exhaust, and have tried to fob me off, err, i dont think so !!. The car is back at the dealership in around 10 days, to see if they can fix it with some "engineering". If they then cant fix it, my Mr Nice guy attitude, will change. I could fix it myself with an aftermarket rear silencer, but would like BMW to sort, after all, what is a very expensive car. We shall see.
Yes I agree. My M5Competition LCI does not do that, nor did my 2019 Comp.

It's a manufacturer defect, and falls under their craftsmanship warranty. Fight it until they either do something, or request a buyback for a problematic car.
Appreciate 0