View Single Post
      09-20-2021, 03:38 AM   #14
MB625
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp. LCI

Thumbs up Service in DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Thats good to know somebody else has this issue, but not glad you have this problem, obviously . Ive done a bit more homework, so to speak, from the limited access i have to the underside of the car, and when the car is running, if you thump the middle of the rear silencer, you can hear the same vibration sound, that is the cause. Switch off the car, and it cannot be repeated. It sounds, and feels, like it is inside the rear silencer itself. Its quite hard to take though, that two rear silencers have done this on my car ? .
Its back in at BMW in 2 weeks, so fingers crossed it will get resolved this time, and i will update accordingly. If you get sorted first, could you also update ?
Completely understood what you meant , felt the same way naturally! Intriguing, will definitely "assist" the service team with said troubleshooting approach; thank you for the further insight! Agreed, albeit the fact that the noise cannot be reproduced whilst the car is off makes me think it may be the valves themselves... Awesome, undeniably keeping everything crossed for a resolution. Nonetheless, deeply disgruntled that issues appear even with an ///M product... By all means, will keep you in the loop!

[Would have PM'ed you, however too junior a member to have that luxury yet.]
Appreciate 1
Simon H876.00