04-26-2019, 01:17 PM   #11
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punitive View Post
Initial thoughts:

Build quality is absolutely perfect like a piece of art. With their history, there wasn't any doubt but was thoroughly impressed with the packaging and build quality. Of course, this an exhaust nobody will see underside the car but can appreciate the quality especially at this price point. @RemusUSA 5 stars.

Install:

Was going to take it to a shop for install but got impatient. Install was about easy at it gets. Simple tools and everything lined up perfect another shout out to Remus. Install valve motors etc all super easy. Only needed two person help on lining up mufflers with diffuser and tip adjustment.

I think the straight pipe center is the way to go on this car.

Sound:

Now to the most important part. I think Vic55 said it best with the duality of this exhaust. On first start, it was a complete different tone. More growl and a deep bassy sound. The cold start idle down is just sexy. I don't have the competition car and can appreciate the fewer fake pops and crackles, it isn't needed with this system. The turbos now give a pleasant subtle whine down when the revs return to idle.

The tone does get more exotic as the rpm's increase and the pops on shifts are insane.

What still amazes me is how damn insulated this car is. I disconnected ASD (crazy how much fake sound gets pumped in the cabin) A very slight increase in cabin noise, with valves closed I am at stock cabin noise levels. Very pleased.

There is no doubt from the outside there is some serious music being put out and it is just the right volume not obnoxious or anything.

I don't have anything to compare it to other than stock with M-Sport center. Worth every penny. The car is now complete for me. Racechip withstanding.

Now how do I video this thing for you all. Iphone just doesn't do it justice.

Hi Punitive,
Can i ask where you jacked the car up from, and where you put the axle stands ?. Ive had a quick look, but i dont fancy using the diff, or the rear subframe ?. TIA
Appreciate 0