View Single Post
      03-18-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
BimmerToolRental
Wannabe Mechanic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335D

Oh do i have a story for you....$$$$$$$$$$

So... i take my 11' D to Florida for a little R&R this month and with 6 hours to go, develop a check engine and rough running at idle. To shorten the story, i made it there and after cooling off for 12 hours i was able to then get back home when vacation was over.

I finally get the car to a local shop to figure out what is up. CBU already done last year, new throttle body at BMW 6 months later, and a bunch of preventative maintenance that i did.

So they discover an issue with the injectors, the turbos are shot (loud), one headlight has a wiring issue causing a cornering light malfunction, and finally the tension struts are shot.

Ready for this... just over a $9000 repair bill. Thank god i bought that warranty. In 11 months i have racked up $11,700 in warranty work. We are not done yet either.

I am debating whether or not to keep the car since all of this work is being done. I have another 4 years or additional 35K miles i can put on the car under warranty. But at 100k miles, i don't think i would be able to sell it.
Appreciate 0