View Single Post
      04-26-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL

Garage List
Now I can answer everyone's burning question......

Which is: Does DHP make a difference?

My own very subjective and preliminary (only have my v2.0 for couple of hours) opinion is that IT DOES MATTER. And here is what my limited experience tells me:

1) In comfort mode, on less than perfect roads, the F10 with DHP is way more forgiving when gunning thru road imperfections. The dampening is near perfect for comfort, and will be especially evident when you go thru speed bumps. However, on higher speeds (anything above 50km/h), DHP in comfort mode, does exhibit a bit more "Boat-Like" feels. Switching to normal, reduced the boat-like feels at speeds (not eliminate).

2) In terms of cornering, I bet if you are riding in the back seat, you will feel what it's meant to do: makes you feel comfortable. But if you are driving, DHP in comfort mode reminds me of driving my Vellfire..... (which is not very good)

3) In sport mode, I can feel the differences between an F10 with DHP and one without. In sport mode with DHP, the car does physically feel stiffer besides steering. Cornering is noticeably more level with the DHP then without. Overall, I am happier with my v2.0 F10 than my V1.0 without the DHP.

Pictures will follow on Thursday, after I have my car washed. And yes! 90% of the toys are installed on my car today. Kudos to the team at WK, putting everything together for me in less than 2hrs. And I had them change all light bulbs to match the Xenon white as well
Appreciate 0