View Single Post
      12-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
d21spike
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36power View Post
I think this is some good analysis. I love the MT. Had a 1992 E36 325i MT back in the day. Loved that car. Couple MTs after that. Then when I bought the 335i, I was having a hard time finding a MT with the options I wanted (admittedly I was a little impatient). Took an AT for a test drive and pulled the trigger. I have been happy with it. Especially driving in Atlanta traffic. Don't get me wrong, I love the MT. I am in the process of hunting down an E36 M3 sedan with an MT. Would never even consider getting it in the AT. But the AT in the 335i is not a mid 90s auto. It is a good transmission. Automatic or not. Toss it in "manual ( )" mode and enjoy. That's what I do. 95% of the time I am content.

As far as the OPs question, if you really want to trade out to a MT, I would just steer clear of 2007. They generally lack a factory oil cooler. If you are going to track the thing at all, it is my understanding that you are much much more likely to run into oil temp issues. Can obviously install one, but might as well just have it from the outset.

Good luck with the decision. Either way, you have a great car.
07 checking in with factory oil cooler, catch is it had to have sports package ... Then again I wouldn't buy one without it, the seats alone are worth it.
Appreciate 1
sirdaft12205.50