View Single Post
      09-12-2017, 07:08 AM   #1
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Reverse Default To Top View

When I put my car in reverse, iDrive defaults to the rearview camera. Is there a way to make the default camera in reverse be Top View/Surround View (with or without coding)?

Things that don't work:
1. Pushing the iDrive controller/camera button doesn't flip between rear camera and top view cameras. I have to go to the left, scroll down, and uncheck the box "Rearview Camera" every time.
2. Say I uncheck the box and reverse into a parking spot but don't like my alignment. If i inch forward and then go back in reverse for a 2nd try, it goes right back to the rearview camera <--- especially annoying when someone is waiting behind you.
3. (6MT Only) Park with shifter still in reverse and turn off the car. When I start the car with the shifter still in reverse, it shows the top view camera still. But if i go into neutral and back to reverse, it reverts to the rear camera.

I have a 2018 f32, but it seems like some 2017s may experience the same setup from the factory. Discussion started in this thread: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=22182196
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0