United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachicho View Post
Hi Guys, i Have a bmw f90 m5 and just wondering what is the best tune for this car as i am waiting on bootmod to release there tune soon but just to be curious and see what is the best tune so far
For a tune there is a number of them.

HCP seems to be used a lot with some good success on Dragy times and will probably be one of the first implemented into BM3

DME I see all over the place on multiple types of cars but I don't see them putting up good numbers on Dragy but that doesn't mean it's not capable.

Evolve does lots of testing and lots of videos and it seems like a solid platform with good results on Dragy.

A couple of others like Weistec, Eurocharged, Ramon, Dinan, etc.

For Piggyback you basically have JB4 and Racechip. Racechip is basically JB4's basic 2 wire version. However with JB4 you have much more configurability based on type of gas, how much boost, etc. JB4 is high up on Dragy times as well.
Dinan is a piggy as well, but they match your new car warranty in case you break something due to the unit.

RK tunes puts out crazy numbers but reliability would scare me.
I have the Evolve tune on my 2019 M550i and had Dinan V2 on for a couple months.
Piggy's will add a nice chunk of HP and torque without being as going all the way like a flash tune, funny how the flash tunes are easier to flash than it is to install any of the piggy backs.

DME seems to have good customer service, evolve is great too. Some place called Noel just popped up at $3500 but promise 850hp, I've only spoken to them and you have to live near one of their dealers.

I'd go DME or evolve, you have seen irmans vids with his f90, and he has video of him flashing his F90 with before and after results without taking his car off the dyno.
Good luck, all above options will make impressive gains
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 1