View Single Post
      09-04-2019, 02:23 AM   #35
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
While I give CK credit for his out of the box thinking like the Jesko trans, I'd argue the Bugatti's ability to trundle around town like a VW Golf, or handle inclement weather like a regular A4 Quattro, and then do something like run at 250mph+ all within the same day is the innovation.
So basically you value 4wd and soft interior leather as an innovation because those other things a koenigsegg can do just as well.
And the agera RS has proven itself faster in both top speed and acceleration and decelleratiopn than the chiron (the one that is for sale at least).

But yes, then we have a different idea of what innovation is about.
But like I said, I'm a techie, and therefore I value the technical innovations a tiny company like Koenigsegg can do and a 200+billion backed company just can't. That shows to me that the people/engineers working at koenigsegg are of a completely different class than those work at other car manufacturers. To do and invent those things as such a small company is truely a unique efford.

Think of it, some examples:
- reinvent the anti rollbar, a concept that has been the same for 100 years or so, so to have more control and adjustability over corners. (triplex suspension)
- Completely rethink the way air gets into and out of an engine. (freevalve)
- First car to ever feature hollow spoke all carbon wheels.
- make a hybrid car without a gearbox (regera), that can do 0-300kph in under 11sec, over 2 sec faster than a chiron.

Bugatti:
......(other than soft leather and 4wd)

The complexity of those innovations and the efford these things take to do as a company with 200 employees without backing of a huge 200+billion mothercompany, is unique.

And another thing, Koenigsegg can do all this on a profitable margin.
Bugatti functions now as a big riding VAG advertisement. Apparantly it needs to sell 500 chirons to hit the break even point.
Koenigsegg hasnt even made so many cars in their entire history and manages to do more things, complexer things AND make money.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
Miko M6655.50