View Single Post
      09-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #32
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I don't know if I'd call the Koenigsegge or the Bugatti "production" or "purpose" built. They are both bespoke aren't they, built to order? And I think you could argue both are purpose built to go elfin' fast.
The koenigsegg agera RS is/was for sale and 25 have been build and sold in 3 years. (note, this is the RS version, I dont know the total # from the complete agera production run (7 years)
The Koenigsegg record run was afaik not even made by koenigsegg themselves (although they were present), but by a US customer. (at least, that's what I've heard)

This car is solely build for this run. None have been sold. This is a purpose build one off as we speak.
So there is a big difference in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
Hard to believe that Bugatti won't eventually release this as the GrandSport version(without the special tires).
Maybe but thats anticipating the facts.

Quote:
Either way, extremely impressive as usual from the their camp. I'm more impressed with these cars than any of the other hyper speed exotics, mainly due to its ease of use and safety margins.
Sure its impressive, even if its backed by a 200+billion dollar company.
But David still has the production car record, not Goliath, as this is imho not a run with a production car.

The Bugatti's may be build more of a luxury car (certainly the interior), but the amount of technical innovations they bring is a bit disappointing, certainly if you compare it to koenigsegg.
But I look at cars probably more from a technical pov. Certainly these high performance hypercars. I dont really care how soft the leather is, but if they use a for instance a completely new invented anti rollbar system, or method to control the valves in the cylinder head in ways other manufacturers never dreamt of, thats the sort of thing I like. And on that front Koenigsegg does things that no other hypercar manufacturer can rival, without the backing of huge companies. They do everything themselves, and in that way they are pretty much unique.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-03-2019 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0