View Single Post
      02-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #12
IanSmart
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320i X Drive M Sport

My experience with my local dealer is totally the opposite. Went in looking to see what sort of deal they could offer me as I was considering giving back the company car. Was met at the door just as I walked in where a chap called Peter introduced himself and asked me how he could help. Explained why I was there and he passed me on to one of the salesmen who showed me a couple of pre-reg cars that he thought might suit first of all, then looked on their system to see what they had in stock that might meet my requirements. While he went to bring a car round for me to look at Peter came and asked how the salesman was treating me and we had a natter about the state of the market at the moment. Salesman came back and we went out to the car, had a sit and play with the buttons and he explained the difference between my old 2005 318i and the current 318d and explained what the Edition model included. Went back in to talk figures and the salesman went off to see what discount he could get for me. Came back ran the finance figures by me which were within budget and asked if there was anything he could do to get me to sign there and then. Asked them to throw in 5 years free servicing as well and he went off to speak to Peter as 'we don't normally do that with such a good discount already (£3.5k off the list price). Salesman came back with Peter who sat beside me and asked if they added in the servicing would I sign today to which I replied yes. Held out his hand and the deal was done. It was only when the salesman was doing the paperwork that he said you were lucky Peter was in today as he isn't always in on Saturdays as he's got three other dealerships to look after as part of the Peter Vardy Group. It was only then the penny dropped, the chap that greeted me and made sure I was looked after was Peter Vardy himself, grandson of Reg Vardy. They guy really knows that the customer is all important when it comes to running a dealership.
Appreciate 0