03-30-2023, 05:50 PM   #48
SatinblkF90
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Cracking is generally only cosmetic and is typically caused by a bad mixture in the resin/coating. This would be the 2nd cracking set of inlets that I am aware of. Will/Are replacing them under warranty on that alone as that is a manufacturing defect. F9T's cracking was a bit unique from what I have been told as the cracking went all the way up into the PCV hose nipple which in theory compromised that connection leading to the resulting CEL. Nearly every issue that we have seen has been traced back to the initial batch of released inlets and we have since instituted corrective measures so hopefully those issues don't continue to come up. Thus far all the batches after the initial one have had a negligible claim rate so I am pretty confident that your replacements should resolve the issue.

To this day I still don't understand why Satin's didnt want to play nicely. We can only assume it is a tolerance thing and that vehicle being on the cusp from the factory given the same inlets work fine and don't throw codes on another car.
So, the other car it was placed on never got an actual CEL, but after a few months we ran a scan code codes and sure enough, it still had that crankcase code but the funny thing is the actual CEL never came on over it. As if the car was saying it’s not a big enough deal that CEL had to go on, but on mine that same crankcase did in fact trigger the cel within a short 15-20 miles every time after clearing it.

This certainly points in the direction of a tolerance level being different depending on the car. I’m lucky so far been driving 10k miles with this “problem” by coding out the DTC and it’s not had any leaks or issues of any kind so I do not think it’s serious, but still annoying for me to know it will never be 100% as good as OEM quality on the inlets ever again (unless I decide to go back to stock which obviously I don’t want to do).
Appreciate 1
F9T76.00