07-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #14
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadOn View Post
I am on the fence at the moment about the concierge service. So just playing devil's advocate for a minute. Since the nav system does a good job on directions (and I have found the voice recognition system makes inputting directions pretty easy), and the car gets the traffic data, it seems the weather and the concierge service would be the two value add options.

I like the idea of having the "assistant" who can take care of some tasks. The BMW assist people told me that they can do most things you would need if they are able to look it up/purchase it online for you.

Beyond the ticket purchase, reservation aspect, any other uses that you find yourself taking advantage of?

Also, do you just use your SOS button to contact them or do you call with your phone? If you call with your phone hopefully you don't haven't to go through a lot of phone trees before you can talk to someone (since that would be a little distracting in the car).

Thanks in advance, I having been wanting to hear from someone who had been using the service.

Cheers.
I have used the concierge service when I had my 06 E60. I mean you really hit the nail on the head. There's not much more besides ticket purchase ,reservations, etc. I can add to that by saying I have used them to order pizza for delivery on my way home from work, purchase flowers...

Oh on the ticket purchase (airline), they took the time to research what the lowest fare was, then called me back to give me the results and then subsequently used them to purchase! There really isn't anything they won't do for you that's reasonable. I mean you can give them your credit card number and off you go. I like the fact that you can either call via your car (SOS) or your cell phone (800#). I think it's pretty cheap considering the services you provide. Oh sorry one last thing.... I once was driving back home from DC and I even called to ask them all the football scores

...what more needs to be said. Hope that helps you out some.
Appreciate 0