Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Exactly the same time it takes to remove the RC. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Before my back/neck went, I could do it in about 15-20 mins. Removal being a little quicker.

// EDIT: I should've added that this was on an F06 M6 GC (S63TU), not my F90s. However, the differences are subtle having watched my (young) mechanic/friend do it twice now.
I think you may be talking about the more "advanced" "4 – wire" installation and not just the basic "2 – wire" installation. And for clarification, I am talking about complete removal so that there is no hardware or software in the car. In other words can either JB4 or RC be set up to allow this to be done on a relatively easy and quick basis? Or will it be more involved for one or both units?

My initial inclination is to just stay stock until all of these and other issues have been sorted out, or until I decide to move to the next vehicle! The gains from the two piggies on supplied maps appear to be 40-50 rwhp and rwtrq on CA 91 octane.
I was talking about the TMAP setup only—burn I'm not exactly mechanically inclined so perhaps I'm slow but it used to take me 15-20 mins. With 2x EWG and the OBD II connection, it's substantially longer.
Appreciate 0