Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
I have a CA CCW.

I searched the penal code you listed. There is no mention that ammunition needs to be separated from the lock container.

Ammunition cannot be attached to the handgun in any manner. Under most circumstances, a firearm is considered loaded when there is a live round of ammunition "...in, or attached in any manner to, the firearm, including, but not limited to: in the firing chamber, magazine or clip thereof attached to the firearm..." For example, a semi-automatic handgun with an empty firing chamber and a loaded magazine inserted in the magazine well is considered loaded. There is no prohibition in the state codes against also carrying ammunition within the same motor vehicle or compartment in the vehicle, as long as the firearms are not loaded and ammunition is not attached in any manner to the firearm. - Penal Code Sections 12025, 12026, 12031
Regardless, any of this won't apply to those of us with a CCW or under LEOSA. I'm at work right now so I will look into when I get more free time, almost certain I saw some kid get burned for having a sub-compact Glock with magazines sitting right next to it in a locked case. You could be right though.

Edit: Without being too invasive, which county did you get your CCW in and when? Just curious with the changing opinions of Sheriff's throughout the state.