Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush
Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw
I have also been looking at these - even though I have read all of the magazine reviews and none are particularly complimentary! Why do I still find them interesting? Well, I like Volvos, I've had a few mainly boring ones but I like the seats and the (lack of) image. I need something that will take two spaniels in a pen in the boot - it ticks that box (although boot isnt great). I dont do many miles - station car and train in the week so its a weekend car for doing the necessary journeys with a bit of fun. I like the look and I like the AWD.

And its not a grey / black / white 3 series / A4 / C Class..... I do think the biggest enemy to the big 3 german manufacturers is themselves - they are just getting too popular...

But a 340i Touring is still the best available alternative....
Yep, the 340i Touring will be a better buy, not as quite as fast but more forgiving and more comfortable. All the reviews I've read slam the ride quality of the Polestar, some describing it as brutal. Pity really, if it was less thirsty, rode better, and was available in higher volumes, it would be an attractive proposition, given the discounts likely to be available
Thought the 340 was quicker than the polestar?
0-60 in 4.8secs

With more hp (350) and more torque (500Nm), it probably feels quicker too