United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6306 View Post
I can appreciate your sentiment. however, no, actually I don't need 4 doors nor track my cars often so we didn't get rid of the 911 for lifestyle reasons. We just got fed up with the reliability, recurring water pump issues and resulting future expenses associated with potential costly engine issues. This generally should not be the case with a car that was bought new at this price point.

The car did not perform badly and would probably be a better track car to throw around the turns. however the overall reliability issues I had left a bad taste in my mouth and we were reluctant to take it on even weekend trips which is absurd. I understand 992 is also having the water pump issue. I imagine this car would be better bought used as a weekend track car.

Additionally, the enjoyment and thrill factor that I had driving it was not that much better than other sports cars I had previously. I've gotten just as much enjoyment from my BMWs. (G8x M3,/M4 were too polarizing, too boy-racer so were not an option).
The water pump leaks are still not fixed? Dang.
Any other issues with the 991? I've usually heard they're pretty solid otherwise.
Sorry, off thread topic but no, Porsche did not get a handle on it yet. I had 2 pumps replaced in my first 6k miles of ownership. New 992 forum members complained of the same issue. Possibly a recall from this on 992.

Did you wave a coolant leak/water pump replaced? - Page 14 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...&t=1112398

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 0